Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I had my gallbladder removed

I decided Wednesday night was the night to go to the emergency room. I was in excruciating pain. I could not walk properly, breathe, talk, and eat. I went in and talked to a registered nurse  about my symptoms and got a room. I had an ultrasound done on me and the ultrasound technician knew immediately what was wrong with me.
I went back into the room they had me in. Nurse Sharol came into my room and had to put an IV in me. She said "Technically I can't say anything but I feel sympathy for you. You have gallstones sweety.." I was in shock because having gallstones for my age is rare. 

There are 2 types of gallbladder surgery. There's laparoscopic cholecystectomy which is the 4 incision surgery and there's the open cholecystectomy which is one big open incision. The difference between these 2 surgeries is their recovery time. The 4 incision surgery is a one week recovery time period. The open surgery is a 6-8 week recovery time period.
Luckily for me, I had the laparoscopic cholecystectomy surgery. The surgery went well and I found out that I had 60 gallstones. The doctor said it could have been hereditary or I was born with a gallbladder disorder.
I still have stitches and surgery glue protecting them. I'm almost healed!

No comments:

Post a Comment